Topic: Adding new themes | WP Masonry Layout

Adding new themes

Home Forums Pro Version Adding new themes

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DDDD 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

shawn armstrong
    Participant

I want multiple copies of the pinterest style theme to be used with different post types. How can I add them?

#8234 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Shawn,

You can use the same theme for multiple post types / shortcodes. You don’t need to re add them until you want different design for each of the shortcode.

Thanks

#8899 Reply

DDDD
    Participant

How do I add custom layout themes? I duplicated the /default/ inside my theme directory here and renamed the new theme:
    /wp-content/themes/MY-THEME-NAME/masonry-layout/mynewmasonrytheme

But when I reload the admin settings on the Layout Theme at /wp-admin/admin.php?page=wmlp_layout_themes I can;t see the new layout theme…. so how can I create new layout themes and have them recognized?

This is a great plugin, thank you!

#8924 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi D,

It is quite good to customize the current theme than creating new one. Will be update safe. So i believe from the 5 themes from the list, i am sure you may not need 1 of them. So what you can do is Copy that theme to WordPress theme from the link and customize it as per your need. You can use same name and folder, just edit as needed.

I can even send you video documentation to add new theme. But it will need re-setup when we have new plugin update.

Thanks

#8929 Reply

DDDD
    Participant

Hi, yes I was able to do this very easily to edit a current theme. But I want to add a bunch more themes for specific areas of the site. So I want a default-frontpage, default-author, default-searchresults. Each of those themes have different columns and different styles.

So if there is not a way to add/increase the amount of themes now, maybe in future a function can allow that?

#8932 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

HI D,

Ya that’s a good idea. We actually have that feature but it was waste till date due to update issue. I will look into this. Will be a plus for us.

Thanks

#8933 Reply

DDDD
    Participant

Cheers~

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Adding new themes
Your information: