Topic: Blocks overlapping | WP Masonry Layout

Blocks overlapping

Home Forums Lite Version Blocks overlapping

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Masonry Guy 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Bram Vanbilsen

Hi,
    First of all, I love the plugin. It’s an amazing alternative to displaying my recent posts.
    But there is one tiny problem. Sometimes, it seems like it happens completely at random times, the blocks with content overlap. So for example, the image of the second block, gets displayed over the text of the first block. Is there any way to fix this?
    Kind regards
    Bram

#9954 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Bram,

Can you please send me your site url ? With that i can check better.

Also, let me know the browser you are using.

Thanks

#13616 Reply

nori

Hi,
    I also really appreciate this plug-in.
    However I have the same overlapped problem as well with different browser on both PC and Tablet.
    when you reloaded, it will fix it all.

if you know solve this issue, please kindly let me know.

many thanks
    Nori

#13666 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Nori,

I just checked your site here and couldn’t found such issue. Do you have specific url that is having the issue ?

Thanks

#13684 Reply

nori

Thank you for your response,
    it happens randomly, so it is hard to specify its url.
    it seems to happen when you brows the site with older windows or slow internet connection.
    is it able to download older version on the plug-in?
    because the other site which uses the older version of the plug-in displays rightly.
    regards,

nori

#13697 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Nori,

I tried checking here but still can’t find that issue.

May be chances are that it might has been caused by lazy load. Actually that is only the image based changes in new version. Can you please remove the lazy load for the shortcode and try again ?

Thanks

#13735 Reply

nori

Thank you

I’m using Lite Version, which has no option to use Lazy Loading.
    could it be the reason if many different size of img files are existed,
    like 300kb and 20kb, smaller size img is loaded before the bigger size img is calculated, which puts smaller size img on a bigger one, when internet connection is slow?

sorry for making you trouble.

nori

#13761 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Nori,

That shouldn’t be the case. Just to check can we try these option ?

1. Does this happens in default wordpress theme ?
    2. Can you try changing thumbnail size ?

I don’t think internet connection should be an issue. I am using 2 mbps shared internet here which i believe is quite slow reference to developed countries. I still don’t find overlapping issue.

Thanks

#13945 Reply

Wayne Fister
    Participant

I am having the same issue. Sometimes the blocks load perfectly, but sometimes they overlap. It happens randomly. I am using the Pro Version, and lazy load is turned off. Help???

#13955 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Wayne,

Can you please post your site url here ? I will try to find the cause and let you know.

Thanks

#13956 Reply

Wayne Fister

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I have the grid installed on this page: https://www.trisef.com/oracle-missions/

#14007 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Wayne,

Sorry for the delay in reply. I am currently in vacation and unable to give full time here in forum.

I just checked your site here and found that the plugin is deactivated. Can you please activate it and let me know ?

Thanks

#15790 Reply

Denise

I’ve been having the same issue. Mainly on mobile devices, the last couple of posts will overlap as if the masonry layout stopped working. It only happens occasionally and is fixed with a refresh, but if you have any ideas for helping it not happen, that’d be great. It’s on this page: http://www.denisechandler.com/staging/portfolio/ Thanks.

#15792 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Denise,

Can you let me know the mobile device and browser ? I will check it here and let you know.

Thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Blocks overlapping
Your information: