Call to action button and title text

Home Forums Pro Version Call to action button and title text

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Masonry Guy 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #5243 Reply

Kati Nickl

I am wondering if I can add a call to action button at the end of the post expert that says download? We have a button in our CSS and I have the button code in the post but it isn’t showing up for me in the masonry layout post excerpt.

Also, I changed the settings of the default theme so the title text size is 18px but it is staying the default 12 px.

Please assist.

Thank you!

#5264 Reply

Masonry Guy

Hi Kati,

You can place those download code in your excerpt section of the post and it will be displayed in the layout.

Hope this helps.

#5639 Reply

Hey Guy,
    so, as i already asked in the contact form, i want to customize the plugin theme. Maybe via something like a <strong>custom-</strong>layout.php.
    But your answer to Kati sounds like the only “changes” we can make, are..none..

@knickl if you’re still here and haven’t bought another plugin 😉 i figured out that you can edit the plugin’s folder: wp-masonry-layout/themes/THEMENAME/layout.php
    But than you have to turn off updates to not let your modifications get overwritten!
    This is why i am asking for a simple custom-layout.php that not gets updated..

So Guy, what can you do to still help us out?

#5642 Reply

Masonry Guy

Hi Snikay,

There are 2 option we can follow to do this.

1. First one is modifying existing theme. This will be update safe. Here are the steps to do that.
    a. Copy Masonry layout (choose that one you never wish to use without customizing) to your theme.
    b. You will get the new path of the theme.
    c. You can edit those files as per your requirement.
    d. While creating shortcode select the layout you have customized.

2. Creating Custom Theme. Need to reset some settings after update
    For this please check video here. (It is uploading now. Please check after 30 mins)

However, i prefer using Option 1. Because, there is less chance you are going to use all the 4 layouts in a site. So customizing one won’t make much difference.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Call to action button and title text
Your information: