Topic: Can the link to the post be disabled? | WP Masonry Layout

Can the link to the post be disabled?

Home Forums Pro Version Can the link to the post be disabled?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Masonry Guy 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

John Hillcoat
    Participant

Hi, this is just a general question. I am using this plugin for the first time and I am wondering if the link through to the post on the images can be disabled. Thanks.

#2715 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Don’t have that feature yet. But ya it can be removed with some little customization.

If you can provide us your wp-admin and FTP details we can fix this for you. Please kindly send us your details at info (aatt) masonrylayout (d00t) com with this thread link.

PS: Please don’t post your credentials here. It is a public forum.

Thanks

#2716 Reply

John Hillcoat
    Participant

Thanks for your prompt response. I am happy to do this myself. I will do a copy to wordpress theme. Can you point me to the relevant php file and I will go have a look. if it is not straightforward then i will send log in details.

#2717 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Ok. That sounds great. I am sure you can do. First can you let me know which layout you are using ? I will send the instructions as per it.

Thanks

#2718 Reply

John Hillcoat
    Participant

I am using ‘Lhotse’. Thanks.

#2719 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Here is what you need to do.

1. Copy that layout to your wordpress theme and get path of your new layout location.
    2. Inside that folder please open layout.php (You may need FTP client here.)
    3. Change line no 6 from <a href=”<?php the_permalink(); ?>”><?php the_post_thumbnail($shortcodeData[‘wmlo_image_size’]); ?></a> to <?php the_post_thumbnail($shortcodeData[‘wmlo_image_size’]); ?>

This should fix your issue now.

Thanks

#2721 Reply

John Hillcoat
    Participant

Thanks – it all working now as I like it. I appreciate your time.

Cheers,

John

#2722 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Glad it is fine there now. If you have a few mins for us, can you please kindly write us a review here https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/wp-masonry-layout?filter=5 . It will help us much to grow. 🙂

Thanks

#2723 Reply

John Hillcoat
    Participant

Given you a good rating< All the best.

#2724 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Thank you so much John. 🙂

#5136 Reply

John Griffith

This plugin is terrific- very enabling- especially for code challenged like myself.
    I am using default theme and my shortcode is on a page and my post type is “page” and it is working beutifully.

I also would like to disable the link from the thumbnail which currently goes to the image file. I would prefer the link to either:-
    1. Go to the page containing the featured image, or (2nd choice)
    2. Be disabled so clicking the thumbnail takes you nowhere.

I believe I can do the work if you can provide the instructions,

Thanks in advance,

John

#5137 Reply

John Griffith

I have part figured this out (my 2nd preference)- please check if what I have dfone is OK, and what should I do to have the featured image link back to its page (not the image)
    I copied the default layout to wp and then it the “layout.php”file, at around line 31 I deleted <a href=”<?php the_permalink(); ?>”><?php the_post_thumbnail($shortcodeData[‘wmlo_image_size’]); ?></a>
    and substituted <?php the_post_thumbnail($shortcodeData[‘wmlo_image_size’]); ?>. So clicking on the thumbnail now goes nowhere, which is OK.
    If I wanted the thumbnail to link to the page- what would those steps be, please?

#5149 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi John,

I think you have enabled lightbox from the settings. So it is taking you to image file, can you please disable that and try ?

To remove link from the images, you can check this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEUuSxGhrik&index=4&list=PLYI3GbO01xo7CrOD_uVXU2g5MrG4ycE2L . It removes link from image and to its related post as well.

Thanks

#5177 Reply

Selo

Hi,

Is it possible to remove the link from the image (when lightbox is disabled) and enter a custom link? I would like to create a portfolio with a parent page. This parent page needs to have a mini gallery and when ou click the image of the category it will redirect you to the page.

#5181 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Selo,

Ya it can be done and need some custom coding to achieve it. You can follow the video link posted in above reply and make changes as per your need.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Can the link to the post be disabled?
Your information: