Topic: Creating shortcodes for Woocommerce Category and Product Iterations | WP Masonry Layout

Creating shortcodes for Woocommerce Category and Product Iterations

Home Forums Lite Version Creating shortcodes for Woocommerce Category and Product Iterations

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Masonry Guy 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Scott Bytheway

Hi,

I’m thinking of using this plugin to render my Categories and Products pages. How do I define in the shortcode my Category and Product parameters, so I can just render products from a certain Category for example?

#1236 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

You can select post type as product when creating the shortcode. This will list all if your products in masonry layout.

Thanks

#1238 Reply

Scott Bytheway

Hi MG,

Thanks for the response.

I’ve already got the demo version working so that it renders ALL products, however my need it to be able to specify which Category of Products. I have many Products in different Product Categories, I don’t wan’t to just render them all.

Thinking about it more, it would also be very useful to be able to configure which Category of Posts to render; there will be many people who don’t just render ALL Products or Pages in one go. Sounds like an easy change which would open your product up to a larger audience?

What’s your thoughts?

Thanks, Scott

#1268 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

Ya, i definitely like the idea and use this in our plugin. May be we can expect this in next few weeks.

Thanks

#1272 Reply

Scott Bytheway

Great, I look forward to testing it in the demo version, before buying the pro version.

Let me know if you need any beta testers for this functionality!

#2259 Reply

Robert Patterson

I’ll vote for that change, too. At this point, I need to generate shortcodes for different product categories. Definite pro buy if that becomes possible.

#2384 Reply

Matthew

We’re mainly looking to display just the WooCommerce categories, but displaying products from a specific category would be very useful too. I would definitely purchase the Pro version if you can add these features…

#2449 Reply

Craig Macdonald

I purchased the pro version of this plugin expecting that you’d be able to choose categories. I’m disappointed that this isn’t available as I thought it would be an obvious thing.

#3135 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Craig,

We have category selection as well. Select you post type as Post or Products (if you are using wooCommerce) and then the list of categories are visible. You can select them and use it.

Thanks

#5215 Reply

Joeri

Categories for Custom Post types not working… Any fixes?

#5216 Reply

Joeri

Categories for Custom Post Types not working!! Any ideas?

#5232 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Joeri,

Really sorry to say but we currently don’t have categories for custom post type.

Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Creating shortcodes for Woocommerce Category and Product Iterations
Your information: