Topic: For me the layout is too slow to be useful | WP Masonry Layout

For me the layout is too slow to be useful

Home Forums Pro Version For me the layout is too slow to be useful

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Masonry Guy 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Matthew Tilghman
    Participant

Hi there,

I love the layout, its as beautiful as I hoped for. But it’s too slow. I can’t get it to load fast enough to be useful. I bought the pro version hoping that the infinity scroll and lazy loading would fix the problem, but they did not. I think the images load fast enough anyway, it seems to be the delay is because it takes a while to write the script for layout each time? Not sure.

Feel free to check it out here: http://www.matttilghman.com/photo-category/location/florida/
    Too slow, right? I think it drives away customers. Heck, it drives away me!
    You can check out the other categories too, but the “Florida” one is the one I’ve been playing around with (infinity scroll, etc.) and the other categories dont have as many products so might not show as slow load times (but they will have as many products eventually).

I’ve made a few changes, mainly hiding the content from the layout. I’ve tried undoing those changes, and it doesn’t make it any faster.

Thanks for any help. If it can’t be solved I’ll have to go back to standard non-masonry product display… because that still shows up practically immediately!

#17707 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Matthew,

I just checked your site and i think the load time is fine. However to increase the load time, its better to use small image size as far as possible. Also, please use less posts per page. This will also increase the load time.

Thanks

#17708 Reply

Matthew Tilghman
    Participant

Thanks for the response.

Maybe it’s as a I feared then, that the load time is simply too slow for my uses. Your tips make sense, but also as a photography gallery those are working against me, since I should have a fair number of photos and have them be nice and pretty and a decent size.

Just so I know… when I use the standard woocommerce product display, it loads nearly instantly, so what is responsible for the difference in time? Is it your plugin sensing the browser size etc and writing the javascript based on that?

#17722 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Matthew,

If you going to use 3 columns, then medium large image should do fine. And also due to the infinity scroll, decreasing the post per page won’t make much difference. As it will load more when scrolled down.

The calculation for layout position are done on the fly but it doesn’t make the loading slow. The slow loading is caused due to the wait time to allow to load all the image before placing it in the layout.

Still, i don’t find your site so slow at all. Looks good to me.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: For me the layout is too slow to be useful
Your information: