Topic: How to force Left-to-right layout for all rows? | WP Masonry Layout

How to force Left-to-right layout for all rows?

Home Forums Lite Version How to force Left-to-right layout for all rows?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  spredge 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

spredge

It seems that masonry lays out the posts in the [first row] from left to right. BUT for the second row, it places the first post at the highest vertical position possible. Sometimes this may appear in the 2nd or 3rd column. Many users would expect it in the first column.

I would like to have the first post on ALL rows always be in column ONE, then column 2, etc, no matter the verical positioning.

Is there an option for this? If not, please direct me to to where I can add this in the code.

Thanks in advance!

#7160 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi spredge,

That’s the default behavior of masonry layout and we are really sorry that we can’t change it.

Thanks

#7172 Reply

spredge

Understood. Thanks for the quick response!
    Now, I’m going to attempt to add this behaviour, Could you provide some guidance, perhaps share some caveats, and/or a starting point?
    I would contribute the code back to the project of course.
    It does indeed seem to be a popular request.

#7194 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Spredge,

This is the masonry library we use http://masonry.desandro.com/ . I think this will be helpful for you to start.

Thanks

#7198 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Spredge,

This is the masonry library we use http://masonry.desandro.com/ . I think this will be helpful for you to start.

Thanks

#7386 Reply

spredge

Thanks.
    I actually thought you were one of the developers of the library!
    I will follow up with them!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: How to force Left-to-right layout for all rows?
Your information: