Topic: Increase gutter width ? | WP Masonry Layout

Increase gutter width ?

Home Forums Pro Version Increase gutter width ?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sami 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Conor Maxwell
    Participant

Hi and thanks for this plugin.

Is it possible to increase the gutter width ?
    You have set a margin of 5px (default theme), which gives a gutter of 10px between columns.
    I am working with 3 columns, but my designer wants a gutter between columns of about 30px, and we also need the page to be fully justified so that there is no margin to left of first column and no margin to right of third column. So for a 960px container the absolute left positions would need to be 0, 330 and 660 with a column width of 300px.
    I can achieve the column width by setting a width on .wmle_item of 93.75 % (300 / 320).
    But my question is where can I override the current absolute left positions of 0, 320 and 640 ?
    Where are they calculated and added to the document ?

Thankyou,
    Conor Maxwell

#17601 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Conor,

Ya, you can increase the gutter width. For that please go to Masonry > Layouts and from there next to the layout theme, click on Edit settings. You can increase the margin from there. However, you can’t set no margin for left and right column with it.

Those top and left position are auto calculated by the masonry script based on the content if your posts and they are dynamically generated by javascript.

Thanks

#17602 Reply

Conor Maxwell
    Participant

Hi Guy,
    Thank you for such a quick response.
    If it’s easy to answer can you tell me what JS file is it that calculates the absolute position ?
    If that’s not an easy answer, then just say so.
    It’s a great plugin by the way. Looks very nice.
    kind regards,
    Conor

#17619 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Conor,

The Js comes from WordPress bundled js file. It is available in this folder wp-includes/js/.

Thanks

#17620 Reply

Conor Maxwell
    Participant

Thanks again Guy for quick response.
    I will investigate the JS and if I can see an easy answer to justifying the columns left and right with bigger gutter in between I will let you know.
    kind regards,
    Conor

#18026 Reply

Sami

I’d like to change the margin size on the Default layout – but I don’t have the Margin option.

I see some of the other layouts do have “Spacve between the box” options.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Increase gutter width ?
Your information: