Topic: Integrate plugin with woocommerce shop page | WP Masonry Layout

Integrate plugin with woocommerce shop page

Home Forums Pro Version Integrate plugin with woocommerce shop page

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Masonry Guy 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lorena

Hi there! How can I integrate masonry layout with the default woocommerce shop page? I saw in another thread that you explained to another user: “For that first you need to create a shortcode as per your requirement (Use Post type as Product for WooCommerce). Afer that please use the shortcode in wooCommerce shop page. Remove the shortcode they have there and place this one. Now you will have masonry layout in your shop page.” I don´t get it when you say “Remove the shortcode they have there”, how can I do that? I understand that the shop is the only woocommerce page that doesn´t have a shortcode. I look forward to your answer! Thanks in advance

#14921 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Lorena,

Few things has changed in wooCommerce than before. So to remove the shortcode and place our is not possible now. So what you can do is create a new page and place our shortcode there. And the same page should be listed in your menu as shop page.

Also, you can create a 301 redirect with 301 redirection plugin to redirect default wooCommerce shop url to your new shop page where our shortcode is used.

There are also other option with custom template, but it is going to be long process.

Thanks

#15030 Reply

Lorena Indigo
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your answer. What do you mean by “There are also other option with custom template, but it is going to be long process”, I didn´t gei it, could you explain? Maybe it´s the solution I´m looking for. Becasue the first one you mentioned wouldn´t work. I basically need to display woocommerce products in masonry layout but they should remain filterable by WOOF Prodcuts Plugin which I use for filtering and works great. So, is there any way to apply masonry style directly to woocommerce and not through shortcodes? Thanks!

#15104 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Lorena,

Sorry for the delay in reply due to festival here.

For custom template, you need to fix copy the WooCommerce templates to your theme and then you can edit to archive-product.php to keep our shortcode. But even in this case the sorting system of wooCommerce doesn’t work for our shortcode. Really sorry about it.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Integrate plugin with woocommerce shop page
Your information: