Topic: It is not clear how to install masonry | WP Masonry Layout

It is not clear how to install masonry

Home Forums Lite Version It is not clear how to install masonry

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Masonry Guy 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Denis

Install the plugin, entered all settings.
    And I do not understand where to insert this code.
    Tell us on the steps where you have to stick this code.

#999 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Denis,

The shortcode you got from Shortcode page (http://s.w.org/plugins/wp-masonry-layout/screenshot-6.png?r=971814), you can place them in your page or post content area.

Currently that’s all is needed for the initial setup when you have created the shortcode.

Thanks

#1005 Reply

Didi

I am using the Divi theme. Exactly where do I go to place the code? I have a page already created and am not understanding where the code goes.

#1015 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Didi,

First can you let me know where you want to keep the masonry layout ? In you home page or inner pages.

Also if you feel comfortable, please do send us your wp-admin details at info (AATT) masonrylayout (d00T) com and the location you want to place. We will setup it for you.

PLEASE : Don’t send any details here as it is a public forum.

Thanks.

#1167 Reply

Mick

Yeah, same problem here.
    From current documentation it’s only clear how to install pro version.
    So I went and created

[wmls name="mason" id="1"]

but I don’t know how to apply this piece of code. to what?

I’m using Highwind theme and I wish for all my posts to be in masonry style.

Help us out here.

#1184 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Mick,

Our Pro version and Lite version works the same way. So no much difference in the installation.

Now you have got the shortcode. Please keep this in your page where you want to get masonry layout.

Thanks

#1189 Reply

Mick

I’ve come to the conclusion, tell me if I’m wrong,
    that this is impossible to do in normal blog homepage,
    which lists all the blog posts
    ,but one must create new page,
    and put it as static front page in order to have posts display like this.

And this doesn’t pick up original theme’s css but has it’s own style.

Right?

#1219 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Mick,

I must say you are right but you just have some incomplete information.

You can also keep it in normal home page, if you want to try it in theme files you can keep the shortcode like this way

< ?php echo do_shortcode('[SHORTCODE HERE]'); ?>

Hope this helps.

Thanks

#1744 Reply

shanna

I still dont get it. I don’t even understand how to install it.

#1745 Reply

shanna

What I want to know is where am I getting these shortcodes from? Am I creating them, because I’m looking for an easy plugin to change the layout of my blog that came with the theme I bought. I dont have the knowledge of creating shortcode, etc.

#1749 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Shanna,

Please check this document. And in no. 3 there, you can have the instructions to create shortcode. http://www.masonrylayout.com/documentations/

Creating a shortcode is important for this plugin to run. This is from where the plugin knows your preferences and shows the post as per it.

Thanks

#2831 Reply

di5k

i have a static front page. my portfolio page is displaying all my blog post. where do i put the shortcode to enable all the post under portfolio to be in masonry? and what type of shortcode do i create? page or post?

#2850 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you please clear this ? If portfolio is a different page in your site, please keep that shortcode in portfolio page from your wordpress editor. It it is on home page, edit that static page and place it.

You should choose post for your blog post.

Thanks

#2972 Reply

surekha

Hi,

im new to wordpress and using the hueman theme. I want to create a grid type layout for just one particular page inside the blog. Can you guide me as to where i should paste the shortcode that has been generated, where does it need to be copy pasted- before what/ after what code – i am a novice and know no coding so please if you can be as simple as possible, will be great. thanks!
    Surekha

#2979 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Surekha,

You can just place that code in wordpress editor. For the placement, it depends upon your requirement. You can keep and check for that.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: It is not clear how to install masonry
Your information: