Topic: Masonry block incorrectly showing shortcodes in excerpt content | WP Masonry Layout

Masonry block incorrectly showing shortcodes in excerpt content

Home Forums Pro Version Masonry block incorrectly showing shortcodes in excerpt content

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Masonry Guy 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Deborah Snyder
    Participant

Hi – I am currently having a problem with your plugin displaying shortcodes within the excerpt for each masonry block. The masonry layout works fine, however, the excerpt that is created for each page is showing the shortcodes that were used to build the page, rather than just the page content. It seems like these should be stripped out? It is worth mentioning that the layout I’m using is displaying pages and the pages are build with the Visual Composer plugin from WP Bakery.

Please advise asap how this can be fixed. I can provide a screenshot if there was a place to upload it.

The problem page is http://www.synergeticpress.com/authors/.

Thank you.
    Robert

#14084 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Deborah,

Our plugin uses the default wordpress excerpt. So technically the excerpt we use uses the same functionality as wordpress. WordPress doesn’t allow shortcode in excerpt. You need to enable the shortcode. For that you need to place this code in your functions.php

add_filter('the_excerpt', 'do_shortcode');

Or you can hide the excerpt if you don’t want to show it.

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Masonry block incorrectly showing shortcodes in excerpt content
Your information: