Topic: Masonry Gallery for a list of attachment IDs | WP Masonry Layout

Masonry Gallery for a list of attachment IDs

Home Forums Lite Version Masonry Gallery for a list of attachment IDs

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Masonry Guy 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

David Lingren

I am responding to a topic raised in my plugin’s support forum:

MLA plus masonry layout

As I understand it, my user wants to use MLA to select one or more attachments and then display the results with your plugin. MLA includes “Support for other gallery-generating shortcodes”. Here is an excerpt from MLA Documentation:

The [mla_gallery] shortcode can be used in combination with other gallery-generating shortcodes to give you the data selection power of [mla_gallery] and the formatting/display power of popular alternatives such as the WordPress.com Jetpack Carousel and Tiled Galleries modules. Any shortcode that accepts “ids=” or a similar parameter listing the attachment ID values for the gallery can be used. Two parameters implement this feature:

• mla_alt_shortcode the name of the shortcode to be called for gallery format and display
    • mla_alt_ids_name (optional, default “ids”) the name of the parameter used to pass a list of attachment ID values to the alternate shortcode

For example, if you want to select images using the MLA Att. Category taxonomy but want to display a “Tiled Mosaic” gallery, you can code:

[mla_gallery attachment_category=vegetable tax_operator="NOT IN" mla_alt_shortcode=gallery type="rectangular" mla_alt_ids_name=include]  

This example selects all the images that are “NOT IN” the Att. Category “vegetable”. The selected images are passed to the [gallery] shortcode in an “include” parameter, along with the “type=rectangular” parameter. The result is as if you had coded:

[gallery include="1,2,3" type="rectangular"] 

I do not see any to do something like this with WP Masonry Layout, and I do not see any filters/actions/hooks in the code that would work, either. Can you tell me if this is possible or if you would consider working on a solution to provide it?

Thank you for a great plugin and for your help.

#4104 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Really sorry for your requirement here. Our plugin doesn’t work with Galleries. It is just for post, post type and pages.

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Masonry Gallery for a list of attachment IDs
Your information: