Topic: Masonry grid preview pulls header and footer information | WP Masonry Layout

Masonry grid preview pulls header and footer information

Home Forums Lite Version Masonry grid preview pulls header and footer information

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PhilB 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

PhilB

Hi,

Im not sure if the plugin is meant to do this but I cant find an option to change it. I’m using the free version of your plugin to display a list of pages (the main page is a grid of case studies my company has done). It pulls through the content for the page correctly except that it is also grabbing the information from my header and footer, so the content preview on the masonry grid itself reads like so…

‘all navigation links
    company name
    content
    footer’

If I put enough content into the page it pushes the footer links out and shows the content but the links from the header are still there.

Screenshot showing what I mean

Is there a way to change this? the plugin is perfect for what I want I just need to remove the undesired content.

Regards,

PhilB

#12124 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you please share you site url here ?

Thanks

#12139 Reply

PhilB

Yes, the page in question is located here

Thanks in advance,

PhilB

#12142 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi PhilB,

Still can’t find the url. Can you please send it again ?

Thanks

#12206 Reply

PhilB

Sorry,

I had put the link in with the word ‘here’ not realising it showed as the same colour.

the page in question http://wpdev.quadris.co.uk/case-studies/

#12234 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi PhilB,

With the just the url i am unable to find any clue about the cause.

Just to make sure it is not caused by some other plugins, can you please deactivate other plugin and check ?

If still the problem exists, can you please send me your wp-admin details at info (AATT) masonrylayout (DOOT) com ?

Thanks

#12311 Reply

PhilB

Hi sorry for the delay in my reply.

I am using the latest version of WordPress. I was not given a choice in that.

I have disabled my plugins and the results are still the same unfortunately. Its strange, because if I fill the page its pulling the excerpt from with content, it doesnt display the header/footer. If i make a blank page it does.

Thanks

Phil B

#12332 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi PhilB,

May be there is some chunck of code in your theme itself ? Any chance we can deactivate the theme and try ?

If still the problem exists, can you please send me your wp-admin details at info (AATT) masonrylayout (DOOT) com ?

Thanks

#12333 Reply

PhilB

Hi,

The theme is built using Beaver Builder so i cant really disable it. I’ve noticed that the rogue text has disappered but all i have done is remove the header with the links in and replace it with just an image for the header.

As it is at the moment i can cope with it how it is. I suspect it could well be a limitation within Beaver Builder as it is still in the early stages of development.

I had a lot of trouble getting the header to display properly in the first place, and the support for custom code in the builder itself is not as much as id like (no PHP support, mainly. Meant i couldnt include my header in the single blog entries).

I dont mind if we close this for now and il look into it once it becomes more of an issue on the website. Like i said in a previous post it only seems to show up if i post a page with minimal content. If the page is full with content it seems to work fine and most of the pages will have a fair chunk of content anyway.

Apart from that though, really loving the masonry plugin now i’ve figured out some of the selectors and elements and how to use them.

Thanks a lot for your time, its much appreciated and im sure il be back with more questions.

Regards,

PhilB

#12343 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi PhilB,

With such limitation to test, i think we should continue as the solution you opted for.

Wish we could have resolve this.

Thanks

#12349 Reply

PhilB

I wouldnt worry too much, im sure it will arise again and will be fixed. I genuinely think its because of the beaver builder plugin im using to build the pages.

Many thanks though for your help. I imagine il be back with more questions soon.

Regards,

PhilB

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Masonry grid preview pulls header and footer information
Your information: