Topic: Masonry on Every Page Using Genesis Framework | WP Masonry Layout

Masonry on Every Page Using Genesis Framework

Home Forums Pro Version Masonry on Every Page Using Genesis Framework

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Masonry Guy 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Marsha Hartman
    Participant

I am using the Genesis Framework & WooCommerce. I would like the fishtail theme to show up on every page for my woocommerce products. I have multiple categories. How do I do this? I created my generic shortcode and I did watch the video on replacing the loop but I don’t know which file I should be editing? I saw you offer a function too, but I do not know how to implement this on my own. Help? =)

#7431 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Marsha,

What you can do is copy your category.php file from theme and rename it as archive-product_cat.php. And then there, remove the default loop and place the generic shortcode.

This should meet you requirement.

If you have any issue, please do let us know.

Thanks

#7439 Reply

Marsha

Hi There,

The only category.php file I have is in /wp-includes/category.php. My base theme (Genesis Framework), my child theme, and WooCommerce don’t have category.php.

I looked into replacing the default loop for the Genesis Framework and WooCommerce, but the codes in those files aren’t like the one in the demonstration video.

I was able to use the shortcode using Genesis Simple Hooks plugin but now I have duplicate content.
    See Screenshot: http://couponingincanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/screencapture-couponingincanada-ca-product-category-pets-1442256498599.png

Also, the homepage (Shop Loop with all products & categories) doesn’t display the Masonry plugin.

#7464 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Marsha,

I haven’t worked much with Genesis theme. So i am not sure where category.php of their theme lies. Any chance you can ask with Genesis support and tell them you need to place shortcode in-place of the default WordPress loop. They may send some clue and might help here.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Masonry on Every Page Using Genesis Framework
Your information: