Opening Posts in a new smaller window

Home Forums Pro Version Opening Posts in a new smaller window

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Masonry Guy 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #9667 Reply

Alyssa Davis

My homepage currently has a masonry layout. Each “item” is actually an individual post. Currently, when someone clicks on the item it opens up a new page, the viewer can then click on the item again and it takes them to the affiliate link where they can purchase it. What I’d like, is that when the viewer clicks on an item from the homepage, that it opens the post into a new window that is smaller. That way, they do not lose their place on the infinite scroll masonry layout and it will also look cleaner.

I found this onine tutorial using the Easy Modal plugin with the Essential Grid layout to achieve this result.

Open Post Content inside Modal Popup

Can this somehow be achieved using the Easy Modal plugin with the Masonry Layout?

An alternate option would be finding a lightbox plugin that opens a post into a lightbox but then allows you to enter a custom outside link on the image (otherwise it’s a dead end) but I haven’t had any luck finding a plugin that allows you to do this. Any ideas??

P.s. here is an image of the look I am trying to achieve with the smaller pop up window

Thank you!!

#9687 Reply

Masonry Guy

Hi Alyssa,

I got your requirement here. But currently with only our plugin this can’t be done. Our plugin do support light box but it is for image only. If you want to show the post content in lightbox, you need to customize your theme’s single.php file as well to remove header, footer and sidebar section. And also, you need to customize our plugin to open the detail link in popup.

Due to the complication of this requirement i suggest you to do hire or take help from developer for this customization.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Opening Posts in a new smaller window
Your information: