Topic: Qtranslate multi-language not working | WP Masonry Layout

Qtranslate multi-language not working

Home Forums Lite Version Qtranslate multi-language not working

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Paul 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

petri

Hi,
    I’m using (m)qtranslate for multi-language websites.
    I translated the posts and the excerpts as well. However the posts in the Masonry aren’t displayed in the other languages (only in the first language).

Do you have a solution?
    Thanks!

#3860 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Petri,

Can you please send me your wp-admin details at info (@) masonrylayout (d0t) com with this thread url ?

Thanks

#4534 Reply

Paul

Any solution to this?

#4545 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

Petri didn’t replied back so i didn’t have any chance to check on this.

Can you please kindly send me your wp-admin details at info (@) masonrylayout (d0t) com with this thread url ?

Thanks

#4553 Reply

Paul

I am sorry but I am not authorized to share the details. However, I’ve noticed that it has something to do with the ajax loading. Pages/posts loaded don’t get the ?lang=en suffix.

#4554 Reply

Paul

I’ve just found the solution. Maybe you can implement it in the next update.

In /wp-masonry-layout/includes/client/wml_container.php there is a variable $link = admin_url(‘admin-ajax.php?action=wml_load_posts&shortcodeId=’.$shortcodeId), which always calls default language of admin-ajax.php instead of admin-ajax.php?lang=<current qtranslate> lanaguage.

My Solution:

global $q_config;
    $currentWebsiteLanguage = $q_config[‘language’];
    $link = admin_url(‘admin-ajax.php?lang=’.$currentWebsiteLanguage.’&action=wml_load_posts&shortcodeId=’.$shortcodeId);

Hope it helps.

#4559 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

Glad you have fixed it and thank you so much for sharing it here. I will work on this and use it in next release.

Thanks 🙂

#4698 Reply

Paul

Hello again,
    I’ve just found another missing component regarding qTranslate, which I fixed. When you change the language the permalinks to posts do not change. The solution:

in /wp-masonry-layout/themes/default/layout.php

<?php
    global $q_config;
    $currentWebsiteLanguage = $q_config[‘language’];
    ?>

And after that modify the links like ?lang=<?php echo $currentWebsiteLanguage; ?>”><?php the_post_thumbnail($shortcodeData[‘wmlo_image_size’]); ?>

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Qtranslate multi-language not working
Your information: