Topic: Show posts in a certain category | WP Masonry Layout

Show posts in a certain category

Home Forums Pro Version Show posts in a certain category

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Masonry Guy 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Loftur Gudmundsson
    Participant

Hi, is it possible to show all posts in a certain category which the user chooses. So say for example the user goes to /category/test-cat/ this address. Here I want to show all posts with in the category “test-cat” in your masonry layout.

How do I do this?

#751 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Loftur,

Ya, it can be done but it will be little tricky. Here is how you can do it.

1. Create a shortcode for your category.
    2. Copy category.php and rename it to category-{YOUR_CATEGORY_SLUG}.php
    3. In category-{YOUR_CATEGORY_SLUG}.php, please keep the shortcode. You should keep this shortcode like this in php file
    <?php echo do_shortcode('SHORTCODE HERE'); ?>

#5006 Reply

April

I am looking for a plugin to do the same thing and thinking about purchasing yours.

Currently, categories are already setup on the website with the blog posts in them. Is it possible to do perhaps what you said without having to make a shortcode for each and every category? Can it work just pulling the posts in masonry format, based on the category that was clicked on? I am trying to prevent my client having to make a shortcode each time a new category is created.

Thank you for your future clarification…

#5012 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi April,

With our plugin that is not possible yet. We must create shortcode for each category and use it.

We are working to create such feature but it needs major tweaks in our plugin and will take some time to come out.

Thanks

#5145 Reply

April

Okay, thank you for letting me know.

#5999 Reply

Masonry Account

Actually, Category doesn’t seem to work.

I can make Masonry display all posts by recent. When I select a category and posts, I just get ALL posts again. I think it doesn’t work.

Can I get confirmation on this please, support?

#6222 Reply

vgrch
    Participant

I confirm it doesn’t work.

Masonry Guy, it would be nice to have such an option in next releases, it’s required quite often.

Thanks.

#6228 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can always create a shortcode with category filter and place it in your page. This will only displays post related to that category. You may check this video for more details. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHrV2XzSd1k

If you are still having issue, please let us know. We will try to fix it.

Thanks

#6239 Reply

Valeria

Oh, sorry, I got confused.

I see now there is a field for categories. In my case I need to filter posts by a custom taxonomy, is that possible?

Thanks.

#6253 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Valeria,

Custom taxonomy is not possible yet. Only categories for default wordpress post and woocommerce product category are supported.

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Show posts in a certain category
Your information: