Topic: Small Preview Text with Pinterest version | WP Masonry Layout

Small Preview Text with Pinterest version

Home Forums Pro Version Small Preview Text with Pinterest version

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Masonry Guy 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Spyros Daglas
    Participant

I just got the pro version and i want to find out, if it possible to have the pinterest layout BUT with some text, for each object.
    It will be perfect to have a text previewing what comes next IF you click the object.

How can i do that?

Maybe i can do that if i can add social buttons to default theme.

#4219 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Spyros,

That not possible with Pinterest Theme. But with some customization can be done.

First you need to copy the layout to your wordpress theme. You can do that from Wp Masonry > Layouts. And from the list please Click Copy to WordPress Theme next to Pinterest.

After that, you will get a new location of the layout. Please open layout.php from that new location.

You can simply keep < ?php the_excerpt(); ?> below < ?php the_title() ?> and it will show the excerpt from your post.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

#4417 Reply

Spyros Daglas
    Participant

Hi again,

i am afraid i didn’t understand correctly your instructions.
    I am at the stage of copying the layout to the new location.
    So what should i have to do to the layout.php?

at some place there is

<?php if ($layoutSettings['show_title'] == 'yes'): ?>
                <div class="wmle_post_title">
                    <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a>

<a href="<?php comments_link(); ?>" class="commentLink"><span class="icon-bubble icons"></span>&nbsp;<?php comments_number('0', '1', '%' ); ?></a>
                </div>
            <?php endif; ?>

with the
    <?php the_title(); ?>
    that you mentioned.

So what next? There is no
    < ?php the_excerpt(); ?>

#4419 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Spyros,

Please use this <?php the_excerpt(); ?> below <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a>

Final result will be like this.

<a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a>
    <p><?php the_excerpt(); ?></p>

// Kept p tags here for spacing only. You can choose your own elements for styling.

#4420 Reply

Spyros Daglas
    Participant

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

It is working but excerpt is something like
    [av_slideshow_full size=’no scaling’ stretch=” animation=’slide’ autoplay=’false’ interval=’5′ control_layout=’av-control-default’ src=” attachment=” attachment_size=” position=’top left’ repeat=’no-repeat’ attach=’scroll’] [av_slide_full id=’3274′][/av_slide_full] [/av_slideshow_full] [av_section color=’main_color’ custom_bg=” src=” attach=’scroll’ position=’top left’ repeat=’no-repeat’ video=” video_ratio=’16:9′ video_mobile_disabled=” min_height=” min_height_px=’500px’ padding=’default’ shadow=’no-shadow’ bottom_border=’no-border-styling’ id=”] [av_one_full first] [av_heading tag=’h2′ padding=’10’ heading=’Εν Αιθρία’ color=” style=’blockquote modern-quote modern-centered’ custom_font=” size=” subheading_active=’subheading_below’ subheading_size=’15’ custom_class=”] BEER MUSIC RESTAURANT [/av_heading] […]

It is the code for the page design.
    Cant i have there a specific text i will choose?

Thank you again,

#4424 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Spyros,

Do you mean you have placed this code in your excerpt section ? By default excerpt doesn’t run shortcode. And the code your mention above as shortcodes created by you slider. So if you want to use them then you need to place this code in your functions.php

add_filter('the_excerpt', 'do_shortcode');

For details, you can check this thread from wordpress.org. https://wordpress.org/support/topic/shortcodes-dont-work-in-excerpts

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Small Preview Text with Pinterest version
Your information: