Topic: Theme duplication | WP Masonry Layout

Theme duplication

Home Forums Pro Version Theme duplication

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Masonry Guy 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Justin G

Is it possible to duplicate a theme and rename it? Eg . 2 x editable copies of Pinterest Inspired theme
    Reason being is that i have 2 list pages that will be using the same lauyout theme but each will be customized uniquely.

I have used ‘ Copy to WordPress Theme’ but as soon as i duplicate again with the same layout them it overwrites the previous copy?

#12703 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Justin,

Duplicating layout in our plugin is not a good idea. As soon as new update comes, it gets flushed. So what i suggest here is that you can take another layout and copy paste the same code in layout.php and style.php. This way theme name remains different but layout will look alike. Please make sure to use the link Copy To WordPress Theme before making any changes to be safe from updates.

Thanks

#12704 Reply

Justin G

Hi MG

Is it not possible to create 2 copies of Pinterest layout theme for example, and then customize each one differently. Is it only possible to make 1 copy of each layout theme?

#12711 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Justin,

Ya creating 2 copies of same layout doesn’t work well with our plugin. One 1 copy for customization is possible.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Theme duplication
Your information: