Topic: Two shortcodes on the same page? | WP Masonry Layout

Two shortcodes on the same page?

Home Forums Pro Version Two shortcodes on the same page?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Masonry Guy 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Elliott

I am trying to put two different shortcodes on the one page, one displays posts with one category, and one displays posts with another category.

It is resulting in weird behaviour, they are clearly conflicting. Using just one works perfect, as soon as I add the second below it, they appear to overlay and mix with eachother and for example, two different ‘Load More’ AJAX buttons they generate act as one (Clicking Load more on one, selects the second one as well).

I have tried using all types of different settings, they all conflict. I have tried putting two shortcodes on both normal posts, custom posts and on pages and it is the same behaviour.

Can you not use two on the one page/post? Or is something likely conflicted in the theme I’m using?

Thanks.

#5150 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Elliott,

Currently there is no possible to use multiple shortcode in same page/post. Due to the used of infinity scroll feature we are unable to add it.

However, we are trying to include this feature in upcoming release for Load More btn loading system. But it is going to take time due to the current situation here.

Thanks

#5151 Reply

Elliott
    Participant

This is quite an incredible limitation to your plugin, especially when I would have thought quite a basic usage example would be to include a listing of multiple categories upon a single page, or post.

This should be transparent to anyone looking at making the purchase, the very nature of using shortcodes can easily mislead people into thinking they can use them wherever they like, as many times as they like.

Thanks for the fast reply, however.

Cheers,

Elliott

#5179 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Elliott,

We apologize for not coming to the level of your expectation. But we will make sure to keep this in upcoming release. This plugin is still new and feature request from users like you is going to make it better. We will sure implement this for Load More btn loading in upcoming days.

Would like to expect your patience here.

Thanks

#5601 Reply

This is needed. When will this be available?

#5603 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi,

We are really sorry to inform this. But it is not going to come out with our plugin. We have tried it multiple ways but haven’t got success so far.

Note to Community:
    If anyone can help here, we welcome helping hands.

Thanks

#5608 Reply

What is the problem you are running into in coding? I have a couple of coders on staff.

Have you found any hacks that achieve the result?

#6625 Reply

Den Y.
    Participant

Hi Dinesh,

I also expected your great plugin to be able to build masonry style products listings of different categories on one page. Particularly, I need to display different product categories in different content TABs on the one page…

Is there any news in this regard? Can we expect this feature to be implemented soon?

Thanks ahead.

Best,
    Den

#6631 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Den,

We are really sorry. But with our plugin multiple shortcode is not possible.

So far no update regarding this.

Thanks

#7623 Reply

Michael

I was looking to do this but obviously not now,

need a way to have 3 set post stay at top no matter what. rest sorted by date.

#7630 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

That’s kind of sticky post in wordpress. But we use custom query, sticky post won’t work. So for now, we don’t have that option.

We will try keeping this in upcoming release if possible.

Thanks

#7995 Reply

Matthew Beddow
    Participant

Feeling a bit cheated Im afraid as I would have expected this to be possible. A similar plug in I use at the moment seems to manage it pretty simply? WP Tiles has no such issue.

#8012 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Matthew,

I recently checked the WP Tiles plugin and tried to implement there way to use in our plugin as well. But the way they have develop their plugin and our are different. So we are unable to replicate same feature here. We tried few months back as well in keep this feature and hit the road block.

Thanks

#8900 Reply

DDDD
    Participant

Ahhhhhh, I really need multiple shortcodes on one page 🙁

I understand the infinity scroll issues, but an option to a) have NO scroll/load more; or b) only use Load More, may solve this?

#8925 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi D,

Still in that case, it is not available with our plugin. Due to multiple failure for this feature, we have already stopped adding this multiple shortcode feature.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Two shortcodes on the same page?
Your information: