Topic: version 1.7. not working for me | WP Masonry Layout

version 1.7. not working for me

Home Forums Lite Version version 1.7. not working for me

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Masonry Guy 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

martina bartik

dear kinesh,
    I like your plugin, thank you very much, and use it on several customer websites and on my own website.
    the shortcodes usually are configured to display the posts of a certain category.

after upgrading to v 1.7, my masonry layouts don’t work any more.
    first, only the loading button was displayed… forever…
    then after deleting and then re-inserting the shortcode into the page (???), it showed something.
    But, ignoring the settings in the shortcode config, every shortcode now – instead of displaying the posts of the category configured – displays ALL posts.

At the moment I replaced the masonry pages on my own homepage with post category views.
    But I am afraid to update your plugin on customer sites before I have a clue to this strange behaviour in version 1.7.
    … any clue?

martina

#12913 Reply

martina bartik

hello… new behaviour…
    tried to reconfigure an already existing shortcode – you changed the way of configuring the post category/tag choice, so I thought it worth a try.
    result now: “NO MORE POSTS”.

I would appreciate very much any hint.
    martina

#12914 Reply

martina bartik

sorry, me again, please forget my second note, seems my shortcut settings didn’t save correctly, after a retry the behaviour was as described in my first post – ALL posts showed instead of the posts of the category I configured in the shortcode settings.

#12922 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Martina,

We did few changes in our category selection. From 1.7 we have used multiple category selection for shortcode generation. But i don’t think it should have made the issue.

So to look over this issue in details, can you please send me your wp-admin details at info (AAT) masonrylayout (D0T) com ? Please keep this forum thread url as well.

I will check it from here and try to fix it.

Thanks

#13240 Reply

Martina Bartik

Dear Kinesh,
    your plugin doesn’t work any more on any of my sites, no matter which WordPress Version, no matter if masonry layout 1.6 or 1.7, the shortcuts produce various strange results, each of them wrong in a different way.
    Examples:

http://www.diedesign.at/referenzen/webdesign-wien-referenzen/ – here it shows all posts, instead of the posts of the chosen category
    http://my-vienna-tours.at/de/stadtfuehrungen-wien-basis/stadtrundgang-altstadt-wien/ – here it shows posts in the wrong language

sometimes it simply shows “No more posts”, sometimes it shows the latest 2 posts, whatever I choose as the shortcut settings…

so all seems completely in disorder, means a lot of work for me to replace the affected pages in the menus…

Please help. Sad if I cannot use your plugin any more, and a lot of work to replace it.
    greetings,
    martina

#13242 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Martina,

I checked your both link here and so far from here it looks good to me. To make sure they are from assigned categories and are in right language, can you please send me your wp-admin details at info (AATT) masonrylayout (DOT) com ?

Please don’t forget to include this forum thread url as well. We will check it and let you know

Thanks

#13355 Reply

mandy

I’m trying to setup this code with the Twenty Fourteen theme.

When I open the page I get this:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /home/glamxpress/public_html/wp-content/themes/twentyfourteen/category.php on line 50

Here’s the code I’m using:
    <?php
    /**
    * The template for displaying Category pages
    * @link https://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Hierarchy
    * @package WordPress
    * @subpackage Twenty_Fourteen
    * @since Twenty Fourteen 1.0
    */
    get_header(); ?>

<section id=”primary” class=”content-area”>
    <div id=”content” class=”site-content” role=”main”>

<?php if ( have_posts() ) : ?>

<header class=”archive-header”>
    <h1 class=”archive-title”><?php printf( __( ‘Category Archives: %s’, ‘twentyfourteen’ ), single_cat_title( ”, false ) ); ?></h1>

<?php
    // Show an optional term description.
    $term_description = term_description();
    if ( ! empty( $term_description ) ) :
    printf( ‘<div class=”taxonomy-description”>%s</div>’, $term_description );
    endif;
    ?>
    </header><!– .archive-header –>

<?php echo do_shortcode(‘[wmls name="My generix shortcode" id="1"]‘);?>

</div><!– #content –>
    </section><!– #primary –>

<?php
    get_sidebar( ‘content’ );
    get_sidebar();
    get_footer();

any help would be appreciated
    thanks

#13360 Reply

Martina Bartik

Dear Kinesh,
    issue solved for the moment after version upgrades of several plugins, unfortunately I’m not sure which one caused the conflict but think it was AIOWPS, although I cannot imagine how it got into conflict with category or parent page settings…
    Let’s see if the next version upgrades bring along further problems or not, I will keep you informed if anything happens again.
    The new version is nice if working, thank you and please keep going as your plugin looks very nice and I’d like to continue using it.
    Thanks for your attention.
    martina

#13371 Reply

Martina Bartik

OK now there’s something I found out:
    there’s a problem with polylang.
    it can be solved if you change the line nr. 6 in file /wp-content/plugins/wp-masonry-layout/includes/client/wml_container.php to fit polylang language settings as noted below:

<?php
    // @BAM 2016-07-31
    // orig. incorrect, commented out: 
    // $link = admin_url('admin-ajax.php?action=wml_load_posts&shortcodeId='.$shortcodeId);
    //
    // corrected to fit polylang language settings:
    $currentWebsiteLanguage = pll_current_language();
    $link = admin_url('admin-ajax.php?lang='.$currentWebsiteLanguage.'&action=wml_load_posts&shortcodeId='.$shortcodeId);
    // @BAM end correction
    $containerDivId	= 'wmle_container';
    ?>

if this is done, all seems to work well with polylang – could you please integrate this rather quickly in a bugfix version?
    Thank you!

Martina

#13372 Reply

Martina Bartik

or rather

<?php
    // orig. incorrect: 
    // $link 				= admin_url('admin-ajax.php?action=wml_load_posts&shortcodeId='.$shortcodeId);
    //
    // @BAM 2016-02-03 corr bam to fit polylang language settings
    if ( defined( 'POLYLANG_VERSION' ) ) {

$currentWebsiteLanguage = pll_current_language();
    	$link 				= admin_url('admin-ajax.php?lang='.$currentWebsiteLanguage.'&action=wml_load_posts&shortcodeId='.$shortcodeId);
    } else {
    	$link 				= admin_url('admin-ajax.php?action=wml_load_posts&shortcodeId='.$shortcodeId);
    }	
    	// @BAM END 	

$containerDivId		= 'wmle_container';
    ?>

#13373 Reply

mandy

So it looks like this has something to do with the short_open_tag = On ( which I added to the php.ini file) but the issue still persists. Please let me know how I can fix. Thanks!

#13387 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi mandy,

Please remove this line and it should fix the issue.

<?php if ( have_posts() ) : ?>

Thanks

#13388 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Martina,

Can you please send me the plugin name you are using for the language ? I will check it popularity and try to include in next release if possible.

Thanks

#13389 Reply

mandy

Hi,
    I removed the line of code and it worked, thanks.

Question: for my archive pages for post formats, I have embedded images and videos. But these are not showing up in the grid. Only the text and description is showing.

How can I show the images or thumbnails?
    Thanks.

#13390 Reply

mandy

Hi,
    Is there any way to also remove / hide the comments/responses?
    Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: version 1.7. not working for me
Your information: