Topic: Where to Paste shortcode? | WP Masonry Layout

Where to Paste shortcode?

Home Forums Lite Version Where to Paste shortcode?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Masonry Guy 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Jessica de la Torre
    Participant

Hi,
    I wanna have a my Posts to have a grid layout so I purchased the Pro Version of Masonry Layout and have already created and edited a shortcode but I am not sure where to place it in the .php files.

Thanks!

#3551 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Jessica,

Where do you want to keep that ? In home page or inner page ?

If it is inner page, you can place the shortcode in the content area. Also you can do the same for home page if you are using Static Home page.

Usually you don’t need to place the code in php unless you have custom page templates.

Thanks

#4186 Reply

Jessica de la Torre
    Participant

Hi Mansory Guy,

Well I want the masonry code to be in the front page (where the blog is featured) so all blog posts will have the masonry layout.

#4215 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Jessica,

If you feel comfortable, please do send me your wp-admin detials at info (aTT) masonrylayout (d0t) com.

I will setup this for you.

Thanks

#4533 Reply

Rachel

I am copying and pasting the shortcode into the content of the Page. When I preview, it looks right. But when I click on the actual link, it does not work. What am I doing wrong??

Thanks!

#4544 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Rachel,

Can you please send me that page url ? The live link should work as well if the preview was fine.

Thanks

#4567 Reply

Harry

Maybe I dont have any data in there yet? I thought at first, but then I added content and still doesnt seem to work. The page is blank.

#4574 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Harry,

You said that you have setup it and the preview worked right ?

Have you created a shortcode ? Have you placed it some where ? If yes, please do send me the url of the page/post where you have kept the shortcode.

I can rectify it in depth with that url.

Thanks

#8127 Reply

Marnie

Hi…Is there a place in the theme css code that I can paste the shortcode? Thanks…I wanna see what the lite version is like in order to purchase Pro – since it can do more.

#8144 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Marnie,

You need to generate the shortcode using the shortcode settings page and you can place it as per your need.

Also, please kindly check this video. It should be handy for setup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHrV2XzSd1k

Thanks

#8291 Reply

Marnie

I would like my Post page to look like a Pinterest layout. Where do I paste the shortcode to achieve this?

Thanks

#8292 Reply

Marnie

Sorry…didn’t realize you had already responded…Thanks

#8296 Reply

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Marine,

No worries. Hope it resolves your issue.

Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Where to Paste shortcode?
Your information: