- February 17, 2016 at 1:51 pm #10399ShaneGuest
I am interested in using the FishTail design on my main blog page but have a few questions before I install to see if it will do what I need.
1) Can I add part of the post text under the blog post title?
2) If yes to the above, can you choose how much text is displayed?
3) How do you set how large a image to display as want some images to be larger than others as want it like pinterest rather than have all the boxes the same size.
4) If I install the free version and then decide to upgrade, would I have to set it up from scratch agaiin?
ThanksFebruary 17, 2016 at 6:21 pm #10405Masonry GuyKeymaster
1. Ya, it can be done with few customization.
2. First you need to copy the layout to wordpress theme to make it update safe. After that you will get the new location of the layout. From there you can open layout.php. And under this line,
<div class="wmle_post_title"> <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a> </div>
<div class="wmle_post_excerpt"> <?php the_excerpt(); ?> </div>
3. The image width will remain same for all post. But height depends upon the image size you upload. We take the reference of image width and set height proportionally.
4. Ya all the settings remains in shortcode.
Hope this helps.