Page sometimes continues to load and grid never appears

Home Forums Lite Version Page sometimes continues to load and grid never appears

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Emlund

I’ve been trying to determine the cause of this issue: On this page http://blog.stephenemlund.com/category/flash-photo-a-day/ I’m using the Masonry layout. Sometimes the ‘Loading’ or ‘Load More’ button will appear with no grid of photos. It seems to sometimes get stuck and not load anything – but the browser window is still ‘spinning’/loading.

Any tips on what the cause could be? Is it the number of posts (photos in this case) that I’m loading? Or something different?

I had previously hand-coded the masonry layout (using the same jquery plugin, I think) and I sometimes had this issue, so I’m not sure what it could be.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Stephan,

I am so sorry but the link you have provided is not working. So here are the things i can currently suggest.

1. Please use post count between 10 to 20. Less the better for test.
    2. Is there any java script error. You can check this by using firebug error console.
    3. Can you deactivate other plugins ? Might have been plugin’s js conflict.

If you could make the page load, i can try it in better. Currently i see full empty white (Not a single word) page there.

Thanks

Stephen Emlund

The URL is correct, so I’m not sure why it isn’t loading for you. Maybe try the link once more? http://blog.stephenemlund.com/category/flash-photo-a-day/

Rossano

Hello, maybe i’m really dumb..but i downloaded and installed the lite version.
    I created a shortcode related to posts, copied on on page and saved.
    The page keep loading without showing anything.

This doesnt happen when the shortcode is related to pages…
    Thanks for help

Rossano

Masonry Guy
    Keymaster

Hi Rossano,

I can see you another ticket for same issue. So i am closing this ticket.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Page sometimes continues to load and grid never appears’ is closed to new replies.