Tagged: modify layout
- This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years, 6 months ago by Peter A..
- August 13, 2014 at 4:07 pm #856Peter A.Guest
I am using this to create a masonry layout of pages — but I only want to include specific pages. Is there a way for me to include only pages in a certain category or pages with a certain parent?
In Lhotse layout, how can I show the excerpt on hover instead of the title?
Is there any way top improve page-load time?
ThanksAugust 14, 2014 at 3:43 am #858
You can keep the pages, but currently page filter by category or by page parent is not possible. But i think we should go for it. Please give us this week. We will update our plugin to work with page parents filters.
Regarding modifying Lhotse theme it can be done. Here are the instructions for you.
1. Goto to Layout Themes under WP Masonry from admin.
2. From list of layout themes, Click on Copy to WordPress Theme. This makes a clone of your layout theme in your wordpress’s theme. (This need to be done to make sure this layout changes remain same even after our plugin has been updated.)
3. Once the theme has been copied, you will get a new path as notification. Which looks like this wp-content/themes/YOUR_WORDPRESS_THEME/masonry-layout/lhotse. Please open layout.php from above mention folder. You need FTP to do this.
4. In line 10, change code there to <a href=”<?php the_permalink(); ?>”><?php the_excerpt(); ?></a>. Save it and you are done now.
Hope this helps.
ThanksAugust 15, 2014 at 2:34 pm #873Peter A.Guest
Thanks very much — I implemented the excerpt fix and it works, though I made a couple of small changes for aesthetic reasons:
<a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><div class="bookTitle"><?php the_title(); ?></div><span class="bookExcerpt"><?php the_excerpt(); ?></span></a>
I’m eagerly looking forward to being able to filter by parent page.
ThanksAugust 17, 2014 at 3:57 am #888
Please give us more 2 days. Should be done by then.
Thanks 🙂August 20, 2014 at 12:16 pm #892Peter A.Guest
It has been more than 3 days since your message. How’s it coming along? We rather urgently need this feature in order to be able to make use of your plugin.
PeterAugust 20, 2014 at 6:04 pm #895
Sorry for the delay. We tried to add some extra features and got delayed.
We have released version 1.3 and the page parent filter has been added. You can update the plugin directly from your wordpress admin panel.
Thank you so much for your patience.
ThanksAugust 21, 2014 at 1:50 pm #910Peter A.Guest
Thanks — filter by parent page is working brilliantly!
There is something else, but I will start a separate thread because it is a different issue.